With the guidance and support of a volunteer, Girl Scouts can go as far as their imaginations will take them—and you can be there, right by their side.
When you volunteer, you will help girls:
- Discover a world full of fun experiences and new activities
- Build confidence and make a whole bunch of new friends
- Explore interests and learn new skills in a safe, all-girl environment
You'll not only be the role model who gets to show her something new, you’ll also get to share in all those memorable moments.
Check out what caregivers and volunteers have to say about volunteering with Girl Scouts:
- Ninety-five percent of volunteers say they make girls’ lives better at Girl Scouts (and that makes them happy).
- Eighty-eight percent of Girl Scout volunteers say their volunteer experience with us makes their life better.
- Two-thirds of volunteers say Girl Scouts has helped them professionally.
Source: Girl Scouts of the USA 2014 pulse poll
If you want to work with girls in a troop, you can apply to be a:
- Troop Leader
- Troop Co-Leader
- Troop Helper (Driver, Trip Chaperone, etc.)
- Troop Product Sales
- ....and more!
If you want to work with adults behind the scenes, you can volunteer in the following areas:
- Adult Mentoring
- Adult Training/Learning Development
- Public Speaking
- Retail Store
- ....and more!
The application will take place in three steps:
- The Volunteer Application
- The Criminal Background Check
- Become an adult member of GSUSA
The Volunteer Application will ask you for basic information as well as your child's school district (if applicable) and which position, if any, you would prefer. Immediately after you submit the volunteer application, you will be taken to Verified Volunteer to complete your Criminal Background Check.
The Criminal Background Check will contain 4 easy steps all completed on the Verified Volunteer Website. Communication regarding your background check's status or progress will be done through Verified Volunteer. There is a fee for the background check.
After the background check, if you are not a registered member of Girl Scouts, you will need to become a member. Follow this link to join: Become a Member.