Girl Scout Junior: Grades 4-5
Good Times, Best Friends!
Girl Scout Juniors have fun with friends while discovering what girl power is all about! As a Girl Scout Junior, you will choose the activities you want to try and learn to take charge of your own plans. As you become an expert in things like horses, computers and music & theater, you will earn badges to wear on your sash or vest if you wish, but uniforms are not required. Leaders know that girls your age are really busy and will help you fit meetings and activities into your schedule. Juniors can also participate in other Girl Scout Pathways and do not have to be part of a troop.
Cozy up around a warm camp fire with all your Girl Scout Sisters. Learn new crazy camp fire songs an.. more
Gaylord Outdoor Education Lab
Day includes high ropes course, lunch and snacks. Non-girl scout members can attend with an additio.. more
Fifth Third Ball Park
Join your fellow scouts at Fifth Third Ball Park for the 11th Annual Whitecaps Scout Campout. W.. more
Girls now have three series of National Leadership Journeys to choose from! It's Your World - Change It, It's Your Planet - Love It, and It's Your Story - Tell It! On every Leadership Journey, everything girls do—whether it's performing science experiments, creating art projects, cooking simple meals, or learning to protect the planet's water supply—is aimed at giving them the benefits of the Girl Scout "Keys to Leadership": Discover, Connect, Take Action. Learn about all the Girl Scout Journeys here.
Typical Activities for Girl Scout Juniors:
- Staying at a Girl Scout resident camp and learning outdoor skills.
- Sleeping over in a science museum.
- Learning a golf swing with a professional golfer.
- Working on the "Horse Rider" badge by learning to ride and care for a horse.
- Selling Girl Scout Cookies & Fall Product to earn money for a trip to a theme park.
- Cleaning up the community bike trail.
- Earning the Girl Scout Bronze Award for performing a community service project (download Guidelines here).
- Taking part if a Girl Scout Journey - an eight week themed program developed just for girls like you!