Girl Scout Cadette: Grades 6-8
Discovering Talents, Finding Connections!
As a Girl Scout Cadette, you can mix and match activities to suit your needs. Whether you want to play guitar or design your own dress for the dance, you can learn how while earning a badge or charm or just try it for fun! Girl Scout Cadettes connect with each other and build self-esteem and confidence in their skills as they really start to find out who they are and what they want to become. Cadettes can also participate in other Girl Scout Pathways and do not have to be part of a troop.
And you're never too old to join! If you are not already a Girl Scout, you don't have to worry about what you've missed - just look forward to what you can experience NOW!
Girls now have three series of National Leadership Journeys to choose from! It's Your World - Change It, It's Your Planet - Love It, and It's Your Story - Tell It! On every Leadership Journey, everything girls do—whether it's performing science experiments, creating art projects, cooking simple meals, or learning to protect the planet's water supply—is aimed at giving them the benefits of the Girl Scout "Keys to Leadership": Discover, Connect, Take Action. Learn about all the Girl Scout Journeys here.
- Rafting down rapids with a river guide.
- Attending a Broadway play on a trip to NYC.
- Painting a mural on a community building.
- Spending a week as a horse "wrangler" at resident camp.
- Traveling with a group of girls from around the country on a Girl Scout Destinations trip.
- Earning a Girl Scout Silver Award (download Guidelines here).
- Taking part in a Girl Scout Journey - an eight week themed program developed just for girls like you!