Girl Scouts of Michigan Shore to Shore (GSMISTS) is committed to upholding the policy of GSUSA that all volunteers are trained based on the role they serve with GSMISTS. We have many roles available for those wanting to give back to Girl Scouts. Below is information on our most popular Troop Leader role but if you are interested in a different role please connect with our staff by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To become a Troop Leader you must:
- Complete a Volunteer Application
- Become a Registered Member
Complete the two required Trainings:
1. Troop Management is required before Troop Leaders start leading a troop.
- You may register for a live Troop Management by following this link: Troop Management Training Registration
- You may also watch a pre-recorded Troop Management Session by following this link: Pre-recorded Troop Management Training
- ***If you decide to watch the pre-recorded session, you must also complete the following quiz to receive credit for the training: Troop Management Training Quiz
2. Girl Scouting 101 is the second session required for new Troop Leaders, a 45-minute orientation session can be watched by following this link: Girl Scouting 101 Training
Girl Scouts of Michigan Shore to Shore is only as strong as its volunteers, and ours are great! Volunteers who go above and beyond in their role as a Girl Scout volunteer should be recognized and appreciated. Formal recognition is given out each year at annual events in your area.
Adult Recognition Resources
Are you interested in applying for a service award or nominating someone for an award? Check out our Adult Recognition Handbook below for all the guidelines and information.