Girl Scouts of the USA 2014 National Council Session/53rd National Convention
October 16, 2014 - October 19, 2014
Hosted by Girl Scouts of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
Every three years, Girl Scouts gather at the National Council Session and Convention to celebrate our accomplishments, reinvigorate our movement, and help shape our future. We hope you will join us in Salt Lake City on October 16-19, 2014. In addition to conducting the business of the Movement, we will engage in important strategic conversations about the future and provide exciting educational opportunities for adults and girls.
GSMISTS National Council Delegates
The GSMISTS Board Development Committee is searching for highly qualified candidates for a limited number of National Council Delegate positions and is now accepting applications for National Council Delegates and Alternates.
As a National Council Delegate, you will:
- represent GSMISTS at the 2014 National Council Session/53rd National Convention of Girl Scouts of the USA on October 16-19, 2014 in Salt Lake City, Utah (all expenses paid!)
- help elect the National Board of Directors
- make decisions about the future of the Girl Scout movement during a 3-year term (April 2014 to April 2017)
Who can become a National Council Delegate?
- a United States Citizen*
- a member of the Girl Scout Movement in the United States
- 14 years of age or older by the start of the National Council Session (October 16, 2014)
- A member of the council for whom s/he will be serving as a delegate
How do I apply?
- Review the 2014 GSUSA National Council Delegate Position Description
- Review and be prepared to sign the 2014 National Council Delegate Expectation Agreement
- Download Adult National Delegate application or
- Download Girl National Delegate application
- To fill out the application on your computer, download a free version of Nitro PDF reader here: http://www.nitroreader.com/
- Complete and submit the National Delegate application by January 31, 2014 to email@example.com or mail/fax following the instructions in the application.
- Candidates will be selected and interviewed by the GSMISTS Board Development Committee.
- National Council Delegates and National Council Alternates will be elected at the GSMISTS Annual Meeting on April 26, 2014.
Be a National Convention Visitor
Why would I want to attend?
The National Convention is an exciting time for a Girl Scout. More than 10,000 girls and adults are expected to attend in Salt Lake City, Utah.
What is there to do at the convention?
You can attend the opening and closing ceremonies, attend the National Council Session as an observer, visit the exhibition hall, make new friends, collect SWAPS, and enjoy the many sights that Salt Lake City has to offer.
Are there requirements to be a visitor?
All official visitors, including family and friends of the National Council delegates, must be registered members of GSUSA and 14 years or older.
Keep up to date on the latest 2014 National Council Session and Convention news!